Location: 129 Screven Street, Georgetown, S.C. 29440
Phone: (843) 545-3251 or (843) 545-3067
Email: Grants Administration
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, (except for legal holidays)
Mailing Address: P.O. Drawer 421270, Georgetown, SC 29442-4200
Point of Contact: Glenda Long, Grants and Projects Accountant
The fundamental role of Grants Administration is to complement the technical knowledge of department directors by advising and assisting with business information and other non-programmatic areas of grants administration.
- Actively seeks available grant funding and provides administrative oversight for county grant activities, ensuring that the granting agencies and the county fulfill and administer grants according to all requirements of laws, regulations and formally established policies.
- Responsible for interpreting and carrying out grant management policies and procedures applicable to awarded grants.
- With the support information provided by departments, Grants Administration will prepare proposals and/or applications.
- Has the responsibility of ensuring that Georgetown County´s approach to foundations, corporations and governmental funding is effectively coordinated.
- Works as a clearinghouse for proposals and applications.