Location: 129 Screven St., Georgetown, S.C. 29440
Phone: (843) 545-3002
Fax: (843) 545-3292
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (except for legal holidays)
Mailing Address: P.O. Drawer 421270, Georgetown, SC 29442-4200
Point of Contact: Scott C. Proctor, Finance Director
Finance provides budget analysis, preparation and monitoring; bill payment, fiscal oversight, and fiscal management; financial reporting, reimbursement requests, and budgeting for grants; collection of local accommodations/hospitality taxes and solid waste disposal fees; and project budgeting and accounting. Finance maintains the fiscal integrity of the County’s financial records and administers and monitors the county’s annual operating budget performance. Finance assists other county departments interested in applying for new grants, and maintains the county´s fixed asset records.
- Scott Proctor, Finance Director — Phone: (843) 545-3066
- Stephanie Johnson, Finance Administrative Assistant – Phone: (843) 545-3002
- Ed Kilcullen, Accounting Manager — Phone: (843) 545-3214
- John Porter, Projects and Grants Accounting Coordinator — Phone:(843) 545-3067
- Karis Langston, Budget and Financial Analyst — Phone: (843) 545-3069
- Maureen Gavron, Senior Accountant — Phone: (843) 545-3065
- Glenda Long, Accountant, Grants and Projects — Phone: (843) 545-3251
- Karen Worzalla, Accountant — Phone: (843) 545-3190
- Nancy Silver, Accounts Payable Supervisor — Phone: (843) 545-3068
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I get a copy of the operating budget?
A: Yes. Copies of the Georgetown County annual budget document are available for public viewing in all Georgetown County public library branches. They can also be downloaded here.
Q: Can you tell me what the operating budget is?
A: The operating budgets for Fiscal Year 2014 totals more than $65 million, including just over $23 million for the County´s General Fund. The fiscal year is from July 1 through June 30.
Q: How can I get a copy of the financial statements and auditor’s report?
A: Copies of the Georgetown County financial statements and auditor’s report are available for public viewing in all Georgetown County public library branches, and can be downloaded here.
Q: How does my business submit a bill to Georgetown County for services rendered? To whom should I submit the bill?
A: Submit all to the Finance Department for payment. If your business provides a "service" to the county, a W-9 form must be on file with the finance department before the County will complete any payments. Contact information for the Finance Department is posted at the top of this page.
Links and Additional Information: