To provide temporary and permanent control methods for the abatement of adult biting mosquitoes. Our integrated pest management system incorporates:
- Source reduction
Mosquito Control has a phone hotline (843-545-3615), with which county residents can report mosquito problems and ask for help locating and eliminating mosquito breeding areas on their property. If Mosquito Control inspectors find a potential breeding source, the property owner is given advice on personal protection and elimination of the breeding source.
Georgetown County takes very seriously our efforts to save beneficial insects, specifically the bee colonies in our county. If you are a beekeeper and would like to register with the Mosquito Control Division, please call the Mosquito Control Hotline at 843-545-3615 or email Mosquito Control. You will be added to the "Call Before an Aerial Spray" list and you will be provided a beekeeper sign for the yard to alert the Spray Truck Driver to turn off the sprayer.
Learn More About What We Do
Georgetown County Mosquito Control's Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program:
- Primary goal is to protect public health from diseases transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Our prevention and control strategies and methods are based on sound science.
We are committed to protecting families by:
- Educating the public to protect themselves and take an active role in the reduction of mosquito populations;
- Eliminating mosquito egg-laying sources; and
- Applying safe, effective EPA-registered insecticides when needed.
To request service, please call our hotline at 843-545-3615.
Spray Truck Schedule
The following routes are to be sprayed the week of June 14-18, 2021. Select the route to see the area covered.
Subscribe to DHEC's South Carolina Ozone Forecast by sending us an email.