How to Vote Absentee
Request an Absentee Ballot
Visit https://www.scvotes.gov/absentee-voting to proceed straight to the SCVotes Absentee Ballot request website.
2022 Absentee Voting Changes
As of May 13, 2022, South Carolina election laws have changed and in-person absentee voting is no longer allowed. You can vote absentee by mail by calling our office or by clicking the link under "Request an Absentee Ballot" above. Please have your application to vote absentee by mail to our office no later than October 28, 2022.
In-person absentee voting has been replaced by an early voting period. Any voter can visit one of our four early vote centers, which will be open Mondays through Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., October 24 2022 through November 5 2022. Locations for these early vote centers are as follows:
1) Georgetown County Office of Voter Registration and Elections, 303 N. Hazard St. Georgetown, SC 29440
2) Andrews Regional Recreation Center, 220 S. Cedar Ave. Andrews, SC 29510
3) Choppee Recreation Center at Northwest Regional Park, 8259 Choppee Rd. Georgetown, SC 29440
4) Litchfield Exchange, 14361 Ocean Highway Pawleys Island, SC 29585
For more information regarding this change to South Carolina election laws, please see the following resources from scvotes.gov:
1) Early Voting Now In Effect for June Primaries - https://scvotes.gov/early-voting-now-effect-june-primaries
2) New Changes to Absentee Voting in Effect for June 14 Primaries - https://www.scvotes.gov/new-changes-absentee-voting-effect-june-14-primaries
3) 2022 Election Law Changes - https://www.scvotes.gov/2022-election-law-changes
4) Absentee Voting - https://www.scvotes.gov/absentee-voting