Elections & Voter Registration
This Board shall perform its duties and conduct elections according to SC Voter Registration and Election Laws.
We will document our business processes and be courteous and efficient in all that we do as board members.
All board members and staff personnel must recognize their responsibilities and be accountable for their actions and performance.
Our objective is VOTER SATISFACTION. By providing quality voter registration services, quality elections, and maintaining and improving our services to ALL citizens of our county, we can accomplish our objective.
What You Need to Know
To vote in any election you must be registered 30 days prior to that election. Once you are registered, there is no need to re-register, but please keep your information up to date to avoid issues on Election Day at your polling place.
If you have never been registered in Georgetown County before, use the button on the left to check your information or contact our office.
If you are registered in another county, you will need to register in our county in order to vote.
- Federal Post Card Application for Military and Overseas Citizens (PDF)
- Military and Overseas voters go to the Federal Voting Assistance Programs website to register or request an absentee ballot
- Register to vote (PDF) (use this form if you have never been registered in Georgetown County)
Call now to request an absentee ballot if you can't go to the polls on Election Day
Change form (PDF) (to update your information; use only if you are already registered in Georgetown County).
To contact the local parties call:
- Democratic Party - Marianne Mackey, 843-325-9792
- Republican Party - Karol Anderson, 843-240-3029
To successfully administer all federal, state and local elections held within Georgetown County and provide all residents a chance to register and vote.
The office provides information concerning:
- Absentee applications
- Change of address forms
- Information for all federal, state, and local elections held within Georgetown County
- Precinct names
- Registration deadlines
- Voting locations
Board Meeting Agendas
To view Board of Elections & Voter Registration Meeting Agendas, or to access audio recordings of past meetings, please click here.
Wed Feb. 9
Mon Feb. 21
Wed Mar. 9
Wed Mar. 16 - Wed Mar. 30
Tue Mar. 29
Wed Apr. 13